Once learners have achieved ITEC Beauty Specialist Diploma and Facial Electricals they can progress onto Year 2 CIDESCO Aesthetics Certificate, ITEC Body Therapy Diploma, ITEC Diploma in IPL and Laser & ITEC Certificate in Microdermabrasion.
Many job options are possible with these qualifications:
- Freelance Makeup artist
- Salon/Spa Manager
- Self-employed Beauty Therapist
- Skin Care Specialist
- Cruiser Liner Therapist
- Medical/Clinical Aesthetician
- Wax/Hair Removal Specialist
- IPL and Laser clinic technician
- Advanced skin care salons, Beauty Magazine Writer
- Brand Trainer
- Beauty Educator
- Beauty company sales representative and many more.
The minimum age for entry to this qualification is 17 years.
An interview with a CIDESCO lecturer will be undertaken prior to entry onto the course.
Education: No formal education or qualifications are required although applicants may have participated in primary and secondary education. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate a standard of knowledge, skill and competence equivalent to NFQ Level 4 when accessing this programme.
Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a broad range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course and be able to exercise initiative and independence when carrying out course activities.
|Beauty Specialist Diploma-Skin Care, Eye Treatments and Make-Up, Manicure, Pedicure and Waxing.
|Anatomy and Physiology
|Professional Conduct & Business Awareness.
Below is a more detailed description of each of the Components
Aesthetics – ITEC Beauty Specialist Diploma inc. Manicure, Pedicure, Waxing with Facial Electrical Facial treatments
- Manicure (regular painting techniques, French polish, hand massage and warm oil / paraffin wax nourishing treatments with heated mitts and boots)
- Facial treatments and skin care
- Pedicure (regular painting techniques, French polish, foot scrub and foot massage inc. specialized treatments)
- Facial treatments and skincare
- Deep cleansing including electrical brush cleansing
- Comedone extractions
- Mask Therapy
- Facial massage
- Steaming and extraction and mechanical brush cleansing
- Waxing (hot wax and strip methods and sugaring)
- Eyelash and eyebrow tinting and shaping
- Professional make-up from day and evening, through to bridal looks
- Electrical facial treatments (Micro-current – non-surgical lift, Vacuum Suction, Galvanic – deep cleansing and Facial Faradic E.M.S, Direct High Frequency and Viennese Massage.
Customer Service (QQI)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to provide effective customer service within a work, social or voluntary environment, operating independently while under general supervision.
Anatomy and Physiology – ITEC/CIDESCO
The course syllabus includes:
Cells and tissues, Skeletal system, Muscular system, Vascular system, Lymphatic system, Digestive system, Respiratory system, Endocrine system, Neurological system, and Special Senses. This course is a pre-requisite to training in all additional modules.
Professional Conduct and Business Awareness – ITEC
This certificate is a pre-requisite to training in all ITEC additional modules. It consists of the following modules:
- Principles of ethical practice
- Requirements for health, safety and hygiene
- The principles of finance and costing
- The principles of retail
- The effective sales and marketing techniques.