Date: 24th March 2021
- Progress is ongoing with Aidan Tighe and the Skills to Advance initiative. The Principal and Aidan hope to attend and make a presentation at the next meeting of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Any business contacts that Board members have will be forwarded to the Secretary. The aim is to set up a meeting with these contacts to promote Skills to Advance.
- New courses been launched – Skills for Remote Workers, and Skills for Modern Workplace. Hope to incorporate these into the College provision.
- Architect from AXO visited College regarding building developments.
- The HSE using NCC for teaching and learning of its clients is very welcome and a great idea.
- Evening courses to commence on the 12th April – Intellectual Disability and Palliative Care.
- Examinations are ongoing and will continue until May. The Board wishes everybody the best of luck.
- Ongoing social media growth – Instagram and Facebook. Well done to the Advanced Administration group who put together a TikTok video to promote the College.
Date: 10th February 2021
- Further training for Board members will take place after Easter 2021.
- The Board discussed the rebranding of courses and the addition of new components to existing programmes.
- All full time courses scheduled to commence in September 2021 have been activated and are live on fetchcourses.ie. Students can now apply for courses online.
- The Health Services Supervisory Management group are currently working on a Project entitled ‘Share to Care’.
- The College and MSLETB are currently engaging with the local community in the planning and delivery of courses.
- The Board would like to commend the continued efforts made by learners and teachers to engage in teaching and learning during the current restrictions.
Date: 16th December 2020
- The Board discussed the expansion of College marketing and promotion methods, and the establishment of a College Instagram account.
- The Board explored the potential for the College to become a ‘Hub’ for courses offered by MSLETB under Skills to Advance and Skills for Work.
- The Board reviewed and ratified the following Policies: Anti-Bully Policy, Internet Safety Policy, and the Health and Safety Policy.
- The Board extend their congratulations to students (2019/20) who received awards in recognition of their efforts, to include: Students of the Class, Student of the Year, and those in receipt of the Margaret Gormley Award.
- VTOS attendance since the commencement of the academic year has been consistently averaging in excess of 85% (a blend of both online and onsite classes).
Date: 4th November 2020
- The Board extend their best wishes to Bernie Curran on her retirement and thank her for her service.
- The Board meeting focused on the facilitation and promotion of relevant courses.
- Board discussed the expansion of College marketing and promotion methods.
- A survey of local employers and Community groups will take place in the coming months to identify local education and training requirements.
- The Board reviewed and ratified the following Policies: Admission Policy (MSLETB), Attendance & Participation Policy, Course Fees & Refund Policy, Child Safeguarding Statement & Risk Assessment.
- Repairs to the roof of the main building will commence in the coming months.
- New Board members to participate in Children First Training (online).
- VTOS attendance since the commencement of the academic year has been consistently averaging in excess of 80% (a blend of both online and onsite classes).
Date: 27th February 2020
- Welcome extended to all new members of the BOM.
- Congratulations extended to Board member Nicole McGowan on the birth of her baby.
- College policies were reviewed and ratified by the BOM.
- The Child Protection Oversight Report was presented and no issues.
- Board members provided suggestions for upcoming courses.
- BOM complemented the Staff and Student Council on works completed and achievements to date.
Date: 19th December 2019
- Welcome extended to all new members of the BOM.
- Thanks extended to the outgoing members of the BOM and their time and commitment.
- Election of Dara Mulvey as Chairperson to the BOM for 2019-2020.
- Nomination of the BOM Community Representatives nominees.
- Child Protection oversight Report was presented to the Board.
Date: 4th July 2019
- Condolences were extended to the Gormley family on the recent bereavement of Margaret and acknowledged the hard work and dedication and support carried out by Margaret during her time on the Board at NCC.
- A successful graduation took place on Thursday 30th Congratulations and well done to the graduates and their families. And also, to the staff of NCC for their hard work in getting the students to graduation.
- The Student Council organised an unveiling of a plaque and bench in memory of Kathleen Reilly – Kathleen’s family attended the ceremony on Friday 24th
- Child Protection Policy, Guidelines for Disciplinary Procedures and Substance Misuse policy were reviewed and approved.
- The Board members were acknowledged for their role and contribution as representatives on the BOM for the past year and, for some, for the past five years.
- VTOS attendance is 92%.
Date: 6th March 2019
- The work and activities organised by the Student Council was acknowledged.
- Deputy Principal was acknowledged on all the hard work involved in the application for the ERASMUS+ program. A second application for Barcelona has been submitted.
- The students and teachers who were involved in the ERASMUS+ program to Vienna were thanked for their participation.
- Open evening will take place on Thursday 7th March at 7pm.
- Graduation will take place on Thursday 30th May at 7pm in Ballymote.
- Courses for 2019 – 2020 are now ‘live’.
- Two new courses in Equine Studies and Horsemanship (Level 5) and Horsemanship (Level 6) will commence in September 2019. There are also new developments in the Beauty Therapy course with new Diploma in Spa Treatments and Certificates in Microdermabrasion and Laser & IPL.
- VTOS attendance is 93% .