Board of Management North Connaught College
10 February 2016
- The Board reviewed the various staff changes and events that had taken place since the last meeting.
- Students and staff took part in fund raising for Aware and Simon Community raising nearly €1,000 between the two charities
- Our courses are now on the PLSS system- it means that DSP clients can be signposted to our college- as well as online applications started from 1st February . Two new courses are planned for next year ; Health exercise and well being and Warehousing and Distribution.
- Open evening is 1st March- publicity and flyers are being circulated.
- Over 20 have started on a part time BTEI course and we hope many will join full time courses in September
- Our into employment sessions were well attended; the aim to help those wanting to go into a job when their course finishes
- A creative exhibition was organised by the Administration and community development groups and work from students and staff were on show over a lunch time
- Booklets on past students career paths since leaving NCC were available.
- A SWOT analysis of NCC was discussed and updated as part of the “know your own school” publication